Location: Remote, China.
We are offering the chance for someone to join BrandHero at an early stage and play a pivotal role in helping drive the growth of the business forwards. We’re looking for an ambitious team member who will become our Country Manager (China) and enter a new international market.
As Country Manager, this person will have the opportunity to lead our international growth strategy and operations in China. The successful person will play a critical role in all aspects of the business, from setting up operations to growing out the team.
This role requires a well rounded leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a hands-on role within a heavily backed start-up that is growing rapidly, with the support and guidance from an experienced entrepreneurial team.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, grow and build a high performing team. Be responsible for shaping BrandHero´s China operations, defining hiring needs whilst also setting the future strategy.
- Act as the business owner: develop new strategies to push operational standards to the next level, shape the business model, and execute accordingly.
- Incorporate solid fiscal management into group operations with full P&L responsibility for the region.
- Represent BrandHero in the local events, media, and in communication with external stakeholders.
- Bachelors, Masters or MBA in Management, Operations or other relevant fields.
- Language skills: Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Entrepreneurship mentality: Must be a self-starter and leader that ensures high quality standards and has an extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and manage strong relationships with teams, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners.
- Communication: Being the face of the market means having excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous financial acumen including P&L management and financial operations.
- Knowledge of supply chain & logistics and manufacturers in China would be highly desirable, but not essential.
- Highly analytical with a strategic mind set and a data driven approach.
- Attention to detail – Ability to demonstrate have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail as well as exceptional organizational skills.
- Stakeholder management – Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative – Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team Player – Ability to be a real team player, someone who is able to cope with a diverse and rapidly changing workflow in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Flexible working environment.
- Regular Team Events.
- Opportunity to work internationally now and in the future.
If you are interested in learning more please contact our Chief People Officer, Stephen Baldock, at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BrandHero is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, marital status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.